3Y Certificate Validity
During this course attendees will revise the content of First Aid Level 1 and learn more about:
- Abdominal injuries
- Adult, child and infant CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and choking
- Blood pressure
- Cardiac arrest, managing angina vs acute myocardial infarction
- Chest injuries
- Compression and crush injuries
- Elementary anatomy and physiology
- Emergency child birth
- Environmental emergencies
- Head and spinal injuries
- Poisoning, stings and bites
- Seizures and epilepsy
- The use of an AED (automated electronic defibrillator)
- Triage and GCS (Glascow coma scale)
- Water emergencies
What You Will Receive
- Level 2 First Aid Manual
- Level 3 First Aid Manual
- Mouth piece, gloves & pouch
- Level 3 First Aid Certificate (valid for three years)
In order to be accepted onto this course, attendees have to meet the following requirements:
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Basic skill in mathematics.
- Valid Level 1 First Aid certificate.
In order to pass this course attendees will have to demonstrate their skill in performing:
- Patient treatment appropriate to First Aid Level 3.
Students will also be expected to pass a short theory assessment to demonstrate their understanding of the basic concepts appropriate to First Aid Level 3.