3Y Certificate Validity
- Adult, child and infant one rescuer cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and choking
- Basic principles of First Aid
- Burns and electrocution
- Elementary anatomy and physiology
- Emergency numbers
- Emergency scene management
- Fractures, splinting and bandaging
- Head and spinal injuries
- Medico-legal implications of First Aid
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey
- Unconsciousness and fainting
- Wounds and bleeding
What You Will Receive
- Level 1 First Aid Manual
- Mouth piece, gloves & pouch
- Level 1 First Aid Certificate (valid for three years)
In order to be accepted onto this course, attendees have to meet the following requirements:
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Basic skill in mathematics.
In order to pass this course attendees will have to demonstrate their skill in performing:
- Patient treatment appropriate to First Aid Level 1.
Students will also be expected to pass a short theory assessment to demonstrate their understanding of the basic concepts appropriate to First Aid Level 1.