The skills learned during this course will enable attendees to recognize cardiac arrest, activate the emergency response system early and respond quickly and confidently.
The BLS course focuses on what rescuers need to know to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. Attendees will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies.
2Y Certificate Validity
After successfully completing the BLS course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high quality CPR and its impact on survival.
- Describe all of the steps of the chain of survival.
- Apply the BLS concepts of the chain of survival.
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR.
- Perform high quality CPR for an adult.
- Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED.
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device.
- Perform high quality CPR for a child.
- Perform high quality CPR for an infant.
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation.
- Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR.
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child.
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant.
What You Will Receive
62 page provider manual.
AHA course completion certificate valid for 2 years.
15 CPD points.
5 SACE points.
- Proficiency in CPR and AED use.
- Score of at least 84% in the final written evaluation.